- Gain fundamental understanding of flow in nanoconfinement on scales from nm to μm
- Explore novel measurement techniques for nanoscale and single molecule characterization
- Apply knowledge to design applications (energy production and storage, filtration, lab-on-a-chip...).
Description: WP1 comprises the following ESR research/training projects:
WP2 Multiscale Modelling
i) Develop advanced hybrid methods for efficient modelling of transport at the nanoscale
ii) Explore phenomena on scales from nm to μm: water structuring, dielectric response, electrolyte dynamics, electrokinetic & acoustoelectric flow ...
iii) Actively collaborate with experimental projects (WP1 and WP3).
Description: WP2 comprises the following ESR research/training projects:
WP3 Macromolecules and thermodynamic gradients
- Experimentally & theoretically study complex nanoscale phenomena involving macromolecules, polymers, heterogeneous systems and phoretic effects
- Design novel nanofluidic applications, e.g., particle steering and deposition, diffusiophoresis methods, personal care / household products...
Description: WP3 comprises the following ESR research/training projects:
- Launch a unique training program based on research excellence, innovation, supervision quality, exploiting the network potential and intersectorial collaboration
- Create and monitor individual ESR Career development plans
- Coordinate training activities, secondments and events.
Description: Training comprises the following major modes: Regular PhD courses, Training through research, Network- wide Training (Advanced Training Modules, Transferable Skills Courses, Events, Secondments)
WP5 Dissemination & Outreach
- Dissemination of research results
- Organization of new dissemination modes: NANOTRANS conference, summer school, workshops and other events
- Communication of science to general public
Description: Dissemination of results is an integral part of scientific research – all NANOTRANS PIs have strong track records of high-impact publications and/or patents and product development. We will pay special attention to communicating science to a broad public audience through several mechanisms (e.g. public lectures, school visits, open days, web page, popular science articles, press release...).